Word of mouth advertising has always been the best (and cheapest) form or advertising and now with social media tools such as twitter and Facebook, it is even easier to help people spread the word for just about anything, even your brand.
In a survey last year by Nielsen online, they showed that 34% or respondents completely trusted something when it came from a recommendation from someone that they knew. Think about it, if your friend come in talking very positive about a service or product and you have the slightest bit of interest in it, you will probably ask who makes it or where do I get one. I know I am like that.
So if your company or business has a product or service and people talk about it off line, then I would be to your advantage to get them to talk about it online as well. Say you own a restaurant and you meet the guests and they have a wonderful meal. Let them know your restaurant is on Facebook and share the page with everyone that comes in. Now, your customers can share their experience with you and other customers online. Now their friends will see it and be like, “hmmmm, maybe we should go to that restaurant Jim was talking about last week…”.
And here are some amazing statistics on Facebook. With numbers like these, you should make sure you take advantage of Facebook and other social media platforms for your company or business.
People on Facebook
* More than 400 million active users
* 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
* Average user has 130 friends
* People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook
Activity on Facebook
* There are over 160 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups and events)
* Average user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events
* Average user creates 70 pieces of content each month
* More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.